Sunday, July 25, 2010

Candied Pecans with Gorgonzola and Arugula



I love to eat salads in the summer. The only thing I don't like is paying a ridiculous amount for eating out or for ingredients I can make in my kitchen. One of my go to refreshing summer salads is my Candied Pecans with Gorgonzola and Arugula.
Once I figured out how to make sweet candied pecans my wallet has thanked me........

In a dry sauce pan toast the pecans. You don't have to do this but I love the smoky toasted flavor. Once toasted add a 1/4 cup of canola oil. Then add 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
When bubbly add three squeezes from a honey bear.
A healthier option that doesn't compromise taste is substituting Agave Nectar. Once coated cool the pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

I love to use arugula with this salad. Once the pecans are cool toss them with arugula and gorgonzola cheese. I like to dress the salad with balsamic but it is up to you.

I have seen this salad for $15. My version will cost you around $5.00!

1 comment:

We'd love to hear your thoughts, comments or questions. Keep it clean and polite - we are civilized ladies around here after all ;)