Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Basic Tapenade

Fall is such a fabulous time of year! Laurel and I have both been busy ladies and I can't wait to see what creations she posts out of her fall harvests. Expect lots of warm cozy soups coming from me during this season.............

Many of you know I am a huge Redskins fan (that's how my father raised me) and love fall football Sundays. Tonight I got a craving for tapenade and football. I hate buying pre-made spreads and prefer to control the quality of my ingrediants. Plus my tapenada will cost you pennies compared to the jar!

10 oz of Pitted Kalamata Olives
1 1/2 tablespoons of capers (without their juice)
1/2 cup of sun dries tomatoes
a Healthy pinch of dried thyme
1-1/2 tablespoons of anchovy paste (depends on brand)
black pepper (to taste)
2-3 Lemons zested plus their juices
1 can of either Hearts of Palm or 1/2 can of artichokes depending on your palate
2 tablespoons olive oil or more to taste (I'm hooked on Whole Foods 365 Australian Olive Oil)
Pulse to proper texture

Continue to pulse to taste with seasonings........ I recipe tasted on my neighbor and he suggested adding garlic, and I agree. Never buy out of the jar again!

As you can see I have a small District kitchen and have a small non-fancy processor. This is a quick and easy pantry treat for any size kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts, comments or questions. Keep it clean and polite - we are civilized ladies around here after all ;)